1. Hey, Guest! There is currently a Summer sale running!

Get up to 60% off at store.mcpz.net!

Creative Upper bar thingy changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fqllenlove_, Jun 16, 2019.

1. fqllenlove_

fqllenlove_ Ultimate Partier Elite

Minecraft Username:
    FqllenLove
    Upon logging into Creative, this little bar can be seen. upload_2019-6-16_16-29-22.png

This bar has a few things wrong with it. It says, as seen in the above picture to use the /report command to report griefers. The problem is, if you do the '/report' command, you get this message. upload_2019-6-16_16-30-58.png
    Instead, it should say "To report griefers, use the /report create command!" This is because newer users will not know the /report command. This takes away from the confusion of, "OH MY GOSH I GOT GRIEFED HELP MODS HELP! THE REPORT COMMAND DOESN'T WORK."
    Please note that the above is over exaggerated, but you get the idea. Another thing is this message, upload_2019-6-16_16-33-23.png , which should also say /report create. I feel as if these should be edited to remove from any confusion.

Pros: Removes confusion. Proper command. Easier for newer players to figure out on their own.
    Cons: May take a bit of time to add.

Please add to the suggestion and give your rating. <3

• Should Implement Should Implement x 15
  2. Pinxxie

Pinxxie Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite

Minecraft Username:
    Pinxxie
    I do agree that for right now those pop up messages should be changed.

Since the /report command does still exist, I do believe both of these things should be added to help newer players understand what to do in the situation of a grief.

However, an alternative to the second suggestion would be to have /report have a different message making it clear that you can use /report create for not just griefs, but for inappropriate builds, signs, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  3. fqllenlove_

fqllenlove_ Ultimate Partier Elite

Minecraft Username:
    FqllenLove
    Inappropriate builds and griefs can be reported with /report create!

4. Pinxxie

Pinxxie Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite

Minecraft Username:
    Pinxxie
    I know, I should have been more clear. The overall reporting system needs to be updated. Seeing as you can use /report create for more than just griefs, having it only mention griefs and nothing else is inconvenient for new players.

• Like Like x 3
  5. AirBalloons_

AirBalloons_ Active Partier Elite+

agreed! ^^

6. barbiana

barbiana Hyper Partier VIP

Minecraft Username:
    barbiana
    There is no way the amount of information for all scenarios of /report create can fit on that tab part right there. With that said, there should be two separate messages displayed on the upper bar for the different scenarios:

➊ For a plot that has a grief on it should say something along the lines of, "[&bGriefed plot? [&c&l]Don't fix it! [&r&b]Instead, do [&c]/report create" This isn't much change from the screenshot shown above, just adjusted a little bit to the correct command.
    ➋ For an inappropriate build, sign, head, etc. should be something like "[&bFind something [&c&l]inappropriate? [&r&b]Do [&c]/report create" This message is along the same thing as the first one with around the same amount of length, however adjusted a little bit for this specific scenario.

7. Avum

Avum Ultimate Partier Elite+

Minecraft Username:
    Avum
    I completely agree. I’ve been thinking the same thing for a while and even if it’s a minor change, it will definitely clear up a lot of confusion.
    To add on to what you and others have said, maybe change /report’s function to make it create a report? This could be more time consuming than changing the boss bar message, although it would make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Salomander

Salomander Newbie Partier

I think that, as Avum said, this will clear lots of confusion. I believe that this will be helpful, so I say +1!