The Guardians' Shadows

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Wolfy, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Wolfy

Wolfy Heroic Partier Elite+

Minecraft Username:
    AWolfy
    [​IMG]
    THE GUARDIANS' SHADOWS
    CHARACTERS:
    Nox Parker - @Wolfy
    Shaylen Torres - @Spirits
    Rasfyr Rysfar - @Glyphynx
    Camilla Hansen - @SkyFqlls
    Yuki Izo - @Rounse
    Minseo Sakimo - @cheriitea
    Tsumi Don’Yoku - @Hyrotis
    Zephyrine F. Aidos - @Bori

There are more worlds than one, there are thousands and they are all linked to the biggest. In Norse mythology we call it Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life, but really it's called Dathern. A large island with many magical creatures upon it, elves, goblins and ect. To control Dathern is to control all of the worlds.
    The Guardians are the ones to protect this island from threats, they fought against others many years ago to have the powers they have. But if they walk on the ground of Dathern again they will be humanised by a higher power, unknown to them, so they enlist the help from other worlds, who unwillingly are taken from. They take eight random people from that world. The eight Guardians call them Shadows, granting them with strength and much more to fight the battles they wish they could.
    The first wave of Shadows were useless and unsuccessful against the forces of evil.
    The second were successful but weren't given their praise.
    And the third, have just begun their story.
    The thunder boomed overhead and the light tapping of rain merged together as a hooded figure walked through the temple’s entrance, their footsteps echoed in the deserted hallway as they strode along. They reached a large opening in the shape of a square, pillars were dotted around the edge of each side of the garden in the centre. A patch of grass grew in the centre of the opening, a crumbling cedar tree sat in the corner in the far left and at its base, a small lagoon rippled quietly while droplets of water fell from the drooping branches above.
    With a sigh, the hooded figure continued on their path, moving across the garden, and not caring for their white robes as the rain thundered down. Once they reached the opposite doorway, they took their hood down smoothly, revealing a woman’s pale green face and her bundle of short bone-white hair with wavy strands that blew softly in the wind. A pair of jade green eyes scanned the surrounding area, taking in the temple as she continued down her path, the lightest touch of pale yellow was embroidered into the depths of the sea of green. A smirk appeared on her rose lips as she approached the largest doorway, the vine-covered, white walls surrounding them acting as a guiding hand towards the door.
    Upon the door, a symbol was etched into the dark oak door, eight symmetrical dots circling a large wolf head with a dagger held in its mouth. The hooded woman pushed the door opening, ignoring the large shriek from its old hinges.
    She held her breath as she stepped into the large hall, it was gloomy and looked untouched with the only source of light being the dancing marigold flames that came from the torches along the walls. However, high above the gloom, a glass ceiling stretched above the circular centre of the room so that dimmed streaks of white light hit eight exact points, each one casting upon a different animal. Amongst the animals carved into the floor were a fox and a Mockingbird. A laugh burst out of the draped woman, the sudden joy bouncing off the hollow chamber’s walls.
    ‘Who goes there?’ A voice called from the other side of the hall. It was deep and commanding but tired all at the same time as if it had been awake for years with no rest.
    ‘I come with knowledge of your enemies, the Jinns, so I request a council meeting,’ replied the woman making sure her voice did not waver, she pulled up the silk of her hood back up before she was seen by the voice’s owner.
    ‘Could you allow me to ask a simple question?’ The voice replied.
    ‘As you wish.’
    ‘Will you lie today?’
    A moment of silence, skip of a heartbeat and the beat of a fly’s wing, the woman relaxed and said in a calm but cold voice, ‘I shall neither lie nor tell the truth. I shall just, merely, speak my own knowledge.’
    With a pattern of graceful movement the speaker revealed themselves, a man draped in emerald green robes, embroidered into the cloth were silver Roman numerals that glittered as he stepped into the light. The man had long black hair engulfed with silver ribbons that tied it into numerous braids, his rich amber skin clashed with his molten grey eyes that pierced through the hidden character, within these eyes the hints of centuries of age and knowledge depth deep.
    ‘I am Qaeten, Guardian of time and vision, state your name and business.’ Qaeten ordered, his voice booming with strength and pride.
    ‘I shan’t state my name nor my business till you call a council meeting, then I shall reveal whom I am and what I have to come to the knowledge of,’ the cloaked lady replied with a snap. Qaeten raised an eyebrow, astounded by the nerve of the stranger in front of him. Seconds of pure silence passed, neither of them uttered a word, both analysing the other person as much as they could. Qaeten sighed in frustration and walk to the centre of the hall, a point where the eight animals surrounded him. He stood in the centre and closed his eyes, he took a deep breath and let it go.
    ‘I SUMMON THEE, THE GUARDIANS!’ Qaeten yelled, the woman staggering back in surprise. There were four lashes of different coloured light, one a bone white, a mint green, another was a streamy blue and the last one a beautiful sunflower yellow. Four new strangers stood before the two, who stood in the heart of the room, with different styles of clothes. They all stood on different animals.
    Upon on the lion symbol on the floor was a dominating man, his robes were sheets of coal black, the floor-touching ends had trails of bright yellow flames and the coal robes grew brighter then dimmer in a dance of embers. He stood tall and strong, with sunkissed skin that seemed to glow in the dim light that he emitted. Auburn hair that was undercut at the sides which clashed with his fiery red eyes. He analysed his surrounds, the other people three new people then Qaeten, his fiery flared with anger. With a deep breath, he said, ‘Lord Qaeten, why did you call upon us? Also, who is the stranger?’
    ‘Waraabe, an honour as always to be in your presence and the answer to your previous question is unknown to me as much as it is to you.’ Qaeten replied in a dull voice as if tired of everything Waraabe says.
    ‘It is truly strange for you to call upon us without having some sort of knowledge or advantage over us.’ A female voice interjected two symbols away from Waraabe, holding a stance upon a fierce looking tiger. She had wavy raven black hair that was tied in a small braid across her head, her hair had flowers woven within the strands, daisies, lilies and more, made a colourful display with the dark background. The lady was dressed in silver armour, imprinted on her breastplate was a tiger with mint gems for eyes, her gauntlets and greaves were decorated with vines and flowers that stretched across the shining metal. Underneath the armour, she wore a pink dress with metals appearing from the end in the petals of a lily flower the colours went well with the fair skin of the lady.
    ‘Lady Satella, I have seen her face and heard the melody of her voice but yet I cannot link it to this world but another, that is why I summoned you here on this day, my friends,’ Qaeten said coldly, gesturing the hooded woman in the centre, who was holding their posture with a lot of effort not to start laughing. Qaeten took his place on a symbol, a wolfish-looking creature sat etched into the stone, a coyote, and then turned to the rest of the group. ‘Where are the other three?’
    ‘Oh, Lord Sykaresh will arrive soon, I hope, and as for the other two, I am in the dark with that information,’ a sweet voice answered to the left of Qaeten, a small girl dressed in a sea green gown that swayed like waves softly as the girl happily looked up at Gaeten. Her skin was an olive that clashed with her ginger hair, the ends of her hair were clasped in a hundred different white gems that connected together to make ice. Large icy teal eyes that shone brightly, connecting her with the child persona the Guardian played.
    ‘I doubt bird-face or dog-breath will show their faces, Lady Erysta,’ Waraabe snarked. As if by fate, there was a vacuum of darkness which cast itself upon the room, a swoosh of robes and temperature seemed to drop rapidly. The hooded lady took an intake of breath, it was painfully cold to her teeth and she tasted a sour flavour amongst the darkness. With a scream of light, the room had colour again.
    Everyone turned to the fox symbol that was engraved next to Qaeten, a man dress in all bone white and black. He wore a cloak, like many others amongst the immortals, this cloak did not have smoke escaping from the ends or plants drawn into the cloth. But creatures of dark colours escaping from the white background, made from leathering black skin and sunken features, they opened the holes that used to be their mouths and let out a silent plea for help. The man's hair was a platinum blond that shone in fire’s shaking light, as well as that, his skin was pale as sheets and his eyes were the colours of the forest floors in spring.
    ‘Ganz, I see you’re still breathing, unfortunately,’ Waraabe snarked.
    ‘Waraabe, a pleasure,’ his voice barely a hiss, Waraabe’s jaw clenched and the woman snorted. Ganz looked at the concealed lady, then the two space still empty and rolled his eyes. He looked expectantly at Qaeten as if expecting an explanation from him. ‘Where is my closest acquaintance and Golden Boy?’
    ‘I do not believe Lady Xan will make an appearance, as I previously cited, but Lord Sykaresh should be here soon,’ Satella pointed out with a frown. The strange perked up at the mention of Xan, presumably knowing the name, most noticed it.
    ‘You know of Lady Xan?’ growled the lady opposite Qeaten, who stood upon a gecko, a pair of cat yellow eyes that collided with the bronze skin around them and an array of cloud grey hair which was curled at the ends. Her dress was the colour of lighting, with black streaks that zig-zagged across the white.
    ‘I won’t answer until she is here,’ a smile appeared on her cloaked face, Qaeten straightened up and his grey eyes released a bright emerald glow.
    ‘You have Jinn coloured skin,’ Qaeten announced, the gem flash died down and the Guardians turned to the hidden woman who stood in the middle. Raising his arm, Waraabe flexed his hand so that his palm was exposed. Conjuring beneath his skin came a bright light of sun yellow, a fiery warmth was produced as the light grew brighter and larger. In a chance to save herself from immediate death, she lifted her arms in a cross position, the white cloak that concealed her seemed to wrap around her.
    A sharp whistle broke through the building, the notes of a bird’s song. It was the whistle that saved the lady, the song resulted in Waraabe to lower his arm, the bright yellow glow from his palm died as he looked upwards to the glass dome. Thump. Thump. The flapping of wings and a chorus of the rain hitting the roof. Another melody with the flap of wings, a bird came from a spark of purple above the Guardians. With cobalt blue feathers, that released a trial of purple from the ends, the bird swooped down with the soft movement of wings. Circling the group ahead, not bothering to stop flying.
    ‘Xan, my friend, I am glad to see that you enlightened us with your presence,’ Ganz said to the bird.
    Ganz, I was here before you, my friend, I just was waiting for you to show. And hello other companions. The whisper spoke into the ear as well as the lady in the centre, it caused her to twitch. Waraabe sighed, Satella rolled her eyes and Erysta smiled warmingly at the bird.
    ‘This reunion has gone on far too long, I believe we need to get started, I have things to do,’ the lady in the white dress snapped.
    ‘Quite right, Lady Lypros.’ Qaeten agreed, he turned to Ganz. ‘As second to the throne, you shall take the acting role as king.’
    ‘Why not me?’ demanded Waraabe.
    ‘Yes, why not him?’ Ganz cut in.
    ‘Because no one trusts Waraabe’s bigoted opinion.’ Satella growled, Waraabe glared at her.
    ‘So you trust mine?’ responded Ganz.
    ‘Yes Ganz, we do,’ Erysta grinned, making Ganz pull a face of nothing but confusion and opened his mouth to say something else before Lypros cut in.
    ‘Can we please just start?’ She pleaded.
    ‘Yes.’ Qaeten said with an exaggerated sigh. The room quietened and Xan in her bird form fluttered down to Ganz’s shoulder before taking her perch upon him, making the Guardian of shadows smirk. The amusement wiped clean off his face as he turned to look at the woman in the centre, her green eyes matching the shade of the man opposite her.
    ‘Reveal yourself, stranger,’ his voice, barely a whisper, hissed into her ears.
    Rolling her eyes, she pulled her hood down again, revealing herself to the Guardians present. When they saw her skin, the Guardians acted out. Satella summoned a crossbow in a burst of mint green light and pointed the bolt it at the green-skinned woman.
    ‘I am soon-to-be Queen Mara, of the Jinns, former Shadow of Xan,’ Mara smiled cruelly, Xan fluttered her blue wings in agitated against Ganz's shoulders. Ganz rose a hand and stroked her feathers, still looking at Mara with curiosity. He beckoned her to continue, so she did. ‘The Jinns are tired of the disrespect and ignorance given from the Dathernians, we fought your war for you and won. Yet, we have not been mentioned in the saga of the Guardians but forgotten because we killed a couple more people than we needed to. Let me remind you, the previous Shadows failed in the mission to save every world, and the Jinns won.’
    You massacred sixteen thousand citizens, who were innocent in the eyes of the Guardians. Snapped Xan.
    ‘Were they, Lady Xan? Or did you not tell them?’ Mara replied in a slow voice. Everyone looked at the Mockingbird.
    Yes, they were.
    ‘Whatever you believe, my old friend.’ chuckled the female Jinn.
    ‘If you don’t mind me asking, how you still alive? The time you fought for us was a millennium and six centuries ago.’ Qaeten insisted. Mara laughed.
    ‘Has it been that long? I suppose you won't remember a simple fact like in Vieltyne, time is slower and we live longer than Dathernians.’ She informed the omniscient being that stood circled around her. Waraabe’s eyes flared in anger from the intended insult, Qaeten’s nose twitched and the others didn’t seem to care. Mara proceeded, ‘This information is not important, all you need to know is we will come back for our recognition.’
    ‘Which you won't receive. You murdered humans, goblins, mammoth wolves, fairies and multiple other creatures, and you ask for your recognition?’ barked Waraabe. He was smoking with anger, quite literally. Satella fiddled with the trigger of her crossbow which was pointed at Mara’s head, waiting for Ganz to command her to shoot.
    ‘It seems strange for the Jinn Queen to come to Ayumaia without any backup, especially since you were once a Shadow.’ Erysta observed. ‘Do you not remember how weak you were before you had the Gem of Illusions? Because you should now be the weak person as you were before.’
    Xan released a melody of loud notes.
    ‘What is it, Lady Xan? Why do you still care for her, since this creature is no longer your Shadow?’ Waraabe snapped at the bird, Xan jumped off Ganz’s shoulders and flew towards Waraabe and pecked at his eyes before flying back to her perch.
    Mara watched as Waraabe shouted in protest and arguments began, she glanced at Ganz, who was deadpanning at the floor. Her plan was working, making her smirk. As soon as the amusement appeared on her face, she wiped it off before anyone took notice but Lypros did. She called out, her voice booming over the others, ‘Everyone stop arguing, we have more pressing matters than the past.’
    ‘Technically, this is to do with the past, Lady Lypros,’ Qaeten chided. Lypros turned to him and gave him a soft glare.
    Lypros turned to Mara and stepped closer to her, the white of her dress started to glow brightly. On Mara’s arms, her hairs stood on end, the tingling feeling of static ran through her body and a burst of wind swept across the room. Mara froze with fear, swallowing the saliva that formed in her mouth and took a deep breath.
    ‘Tell us what you want.’ Lypros hissed, the wind circling in bursts of howls and screams, the grey hair that sat upon the Guardian’s head flew outwards, flying in different directions.
    ‘I want justice, my Lady, justice,’ Mara cooed as if it was obvious.
    Over my dead body. Squawked Xan.
    ‘You’re immortal, Lady Xan,’ Erysta said confused, Waraabe stared at the floor with a sigh, shaking his head and Satella looked across at her and facepalmed.
    ‘Well, it seems that the Council of Guardians has declined your request.’ Ganz flashed his pearl teeth with a smirk, which vanished as soon it appeared. His expression turned dark, staring at Mara. ‘You will leave Ayumaia and return to your world, if you come back here, you shall die and I do say this lightly, child.’
    The Jinn looked at the Guardian of Death and the bird on his shoulder, which flapped her blue wings. Mara looked around at the piercing eyes of the immortals surrounding her, she sighed and glanced at Ganz, anger pouring out of her, she snapped, ‘That was the biggest mistake you could have made, Lord Ganz.’
    ‘You dare to threaten us?’ Waraabe roared, his eyes blazing.
    Ignoring him, Mara continued, ‘You have twenty years. You twenty years to perform a requiem, if not, you will watch Dathern burn. You will watch as my race takes our place as amongst the stars, this is no Just war, we want our revenge. I hope you are ready.’ She grabbed her cloak and swept it across herself, the material covered her as she twirled. A bright blast of red magic ejected itself from the cloak shook the floor, the Guardians turned away to protect their eyes and when they gazed back, their foe wasn't there. With that, the future Queen Mara of the Jinns vanished into thin air and she was gone.
    A blasting silence, even the tap of the rain above was decaying. Shuffling of feet and anxious gestures, the Guardians eyed Ganz, his eyes were still fixed on the spot Mara vanished. He swallowed, gazing at Xan on his shoulder before wiping his face with a hand. Looking up at his friends, he asked calmly, ‘What are we going to do?’

*​

The rain and thunder had stopped, Amuyaia could only be described as quiet and calm, a mist floated above the temple and its surroundings and the sun appeared then disappeared behind the clouds. Violet robes and a crown placed upon his head, Lord Sykaresh walked into the Council Chamber, expecting to see his friends. Yet only a dark blue bird cleaning its cobalt to amethyst feathers in the centre of the circle, a mockingbird unlike no other.
    ‘Lady Xan, where are the others,’ he asked the bird with a nervous chuckle. Turning to Sykaresh, Xan fluttered her feathers in annoyance.
    You missed a council meeting, how unlike you Sykaresh. The whispering voice said into the crowned man's mind. Also, the others have gone searching.
    ‘Searching? Why have they gone searching and for what?’ Sykaresh murmured, running a hand through a head of auburn hair. Then it hit him, he stiffened in shock, he gulped and glanced at the bird.
    What do you think for, fool? Snapped Xan. The king flinched, his brown eyes twinkled with the fear of what could be a threat to the Guardians.
    ‘Shadows, they've gone looking for Shadows.’
    Fovea woke to the sound of a screaming, she recognised it as one of the many children she tutored. Swinging her legs off the bed, she rubbed her eyes and stood up, before stepping across the freezing floor out of her bedroom. Wandering down the corridor, the moon’s gloomy light cut through the darkened windows to Fovea’s left. The cold stone floors bit at her feet, ice seeping deep into her bones. Passing two sets of dark wooden doors, she made it to her destination, the sign above the door translated to, “Children’s Ward.”
    She turned the large handle with a click, pushing against the wood with effort that made the door swing open. A wave of warmth flooded out the room, a calming spell of tranquility washing over Fovea as she stepped inside and closed the door behind her.
    “Lady Fovea, the new child is screaming again, it won't allow us to sleep,” the eldest child in the Ward reported, coming up to her as soon as she entered, their voice heavy with tiredness and annoyance.
    “Alex, what have I said about using those pronouns?” Fovea demanded, receiving only a murmur for an answer. She strode across the room, Alex trailing her, as she passed the resting children. Fovea reached the bed of question.
    A small child sat upon ruffled covers, their legs tucked tightly close to their chest as they shook violently.A torch nearby illuminated the pale green tinge of the child's skin, unusual to say the least, yet Fovea placed her hand on a soft head of hair and stroked it.
    “Child, what’s wrong?” a calm whisper escaped from her mouth. The child looked up at her, their big eyes full of fear, making Fovea’s heart ache.
    “I had a- a night- nightmare, I was sur- surrounded by bodies of the oth- other kids,” the child stammered. Fovea cast a knowing look at Alex, ordering them silently to leave before turning to the child once more.
    “It was just a nightmare, my darling, just a nightmare. It will all be okay,” Fovea pulled them into an embrace, brushing their hair gently. A moment passed and the sniffling died down. The child pushed out of the embrace and began to lie down on their bed, Fovea safely tucking them in with a small smile.
    With the child under the thin covers, Fovea rose, eyes remaining on the child. Every child in the room stared at her with darkened eyes, gripping their covers tightly.
    Calmly, she spoke to them all, her eyes never leaving the child she had just comforted, “One day you will be given the choice to stay or leave. That day will be the day you will grow to be greater than ever, my child, no matter what path you choose. Every child is destined for greatness, it is just the child who needs to accept this and do something about it.”
    Fovea left the room, hoping the child would rest well.
    Near the bed of the child who cried, another child was awake, a pair of silver blue eyes staring at the dark ceiling above them.

14 YEARS LATER

"Get your hands off me, estias pedos!" screamed Shaylen. Her hair flew as she struggled, the cinnamon strands flew revealing a worn out purple dye. The two guards who had grabbed her struggled to keep their grip as her hair flung into their faces. Shaylen shook her head as she tried to stop the duo grabbing her from behind, they shoved a rough and gritty cotton bag over her head, crying out as the feeling of prickles from the bag along her skin.
    "You’re under arrest, kid, so stay quiet," one of them ordered, pushing her to God knew where. Shay kept struggling, the fear pushing her to try to escape from the clutches of the strangers. Her breathing pattern became a mix of panting and desperate breaths through the fabric of the bag. She was tiring. Shaylen’s caramel legs began to ache from pushing against the ground but she was still fighting on. One of her captors cursed colourfully and yelped when Shay stomped her foot on hers, "Can we just sedate her?"
    "Tha’ would be a lot easier, can ya hold her for a second?" replied the other, Shaylen went limp, an idea forming in her head. With only one of the guards holding her, Shay threw her head back like they did in films where they were trying to escape. Instead of a nose, she hit metal. A dull thud sent vibrations down her body, a sharp spike forming the area she had hit. But the act had done its job, the guard gasped and loosened her grip on the seventeen-year-old. Shay pushed through the guard’s arms and pushed off with a sprint.
    The pounding of her feet and cobblestones below sent familiar jolts up her legs and spine. She ripped the bag off her head and let her hair fly out, the wind whooshed in her ears. Shay looked over a shoulder, the two guards ran after her, their silver blades in hand and the dulled yellow gems on the silver helmets glittered in the light of the sun.
    Shaylen turned back at the last second, a tall figure stood in her way. A lady dressed in silver armour stood before her, a violet cape strapped to her back revealed her power. The Royal Commander. Her face was pale and unforgiving, the platinum grey of her hair was tied into a ponytail with a large but silver band keeping it together, and stormy eyes that sunk into Shay as she skidded to a halt. The lady in front of her was well known to everyone, a lady who murdered elves right where they stood and the best friend of the Lady of Assassins. Someone who ought not to be reckoned with. Gela Adolpha.
    She slipped as she stopped herself, landing on her tailbone with a painful smack. Shay became winded, heaving as the Commander tutted, now glaring at the guards who were now bowing to her behind the fallen Shaylen. The duo had rosey cheeks as they tried to catch their breaths, they quickly straightened themselves.
    ‘Kyle and Laventia, what went wrong?’ Gela said, a posh voice coming from her thin lips.
    ‘We thought it would be easier to sedate her, ma’am, clearly we underestimated the will of the girl because she hit the back of her head against the front of my helmet, a clever move we didn’t expect,’ reported the female guard, tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear.
    ‘Thank you for the honesty, Lav.’ Gela responded with a tight smile, glancing at Kyle who was not meeting her gaze but was staring down towards Shay. Gela’s face turned serious again, ‘Now, take the prisoner to the cart, you can go off duty after you give them to the guards inside the dungeons.’
    Shay’s visions swirled, she felt the thumping through her head before she even knew she was going to pass out. When she realised this, she said to the three people who stood above her, ‘Can you pick me up and not drag me next? Gracias, pedos.’
    The world went dark.

~

The sounds of the carriage’s creaking wheels woke Shay up with a start. Intaking the cotton bag’s stench made her head pound, it was vile. She tried to move her hands but they were tied behind her. Shay pulled on the rope and winced as it sliced her wrists. Sucking in a breath, Shay tried to shake the bag off her head before she suffocated in the smell. A bitter taste formed in her mouth as they rode on, anxiety and curiosity filling her as she pondered on.

If she was truly going to the main city of Dathern, she would be hung for a murder she didn’t actually mean to commit.
    “Does anyone know where we're going?" whispered a posh and male voice from the shadows. It was so unexpected Shaylen had to stop herself from yelping. She was about to open her mouth when the wagon jolted and Shay was flown to side, crashing into a someone next to her, who yelled angrily in language that could passed as Shaylen’s common tongue, Spanish.
    "What was that?" gasped a muffled voice from outside the moving carriage, Shay recalled his name, Kyle, one of the guards who had arrested her,
    “Kyle,” the other guard, Laventia replied snarkily, "if I knew, I would have told you." With the carriage stopping, Shay pushed off the person she collided with her elbow, pushing into probably a rib. She heard a thump from outside and the crunching of pebbles indicating that one of the guards were now off Shay’s ride. To Shay’s left, she heard the clunking of the lock as the guard opened the door and light flooded into the wagon, which Shay could see glimpses of through the thick fabric on her head. Laventia wasn’t wearing her helmet, so her long red hair was tied in a ponytail. She glared at the prisoners, hatred in her eyes.
    “It had to be a snag in the roads, the wheels are not damaged and none of the prisoners have done anything strange,’ Laventia reported, about to shut the door before a shadow dropped behind the guard. Shay leaned forward and squinted her eyes to get a better look at the figure now standing there. Through the holes of the bag, she observed the stranger. A dark purple hood shadowed their face and a matching cloak swept across their back and most of their front. Laventia turned, hand on her hilt of sword. A flash of a silver blade from under the cloak and a sweeping motion.
    "HOLY SH-" the female guard screamed before being hit in the face with the blunt side of the blade.
    "Swearing is not tolerated, sorry." the stranger said, his voice heavily accented as he flipped the blade in his gloved hand, and sheathed the blade. He picked up Laventia by under her arms and dragged her off to the side, most likely next to the road, Shay guessed. Kyle ran into her eyesight, sword wielded as he stopped in front of the wagon and he pointed the tip into the back of the stranger.
    “You are breaking a Dathernian Law, drop any weapons you have and fall to your knees, or may Lady Satella vouch for me,” snarled Kyle, his opponent lowered himself to his knees, stilling facing away from Kyle. “Drop your weapons, now.”
    Taking out an arsenal of weapons, knives, two swords, five darts and more knives, he laid them on the road’s floor next to him in a pile. Shay tried to scoot closer to the door, so she could see more but as she pulled on her wrists, someone placed a hand on her shoulder. Frozen with fear, she glanced at the hand with the corner of her eye. It was gloved, with black silk that clung to the owner’s fingers, long and slender and a navy wrist gauntlet that collided with the glove.
    The hand released itself and its owner moved past Shay with a swift movement, a cloak of feathery blue and black, every step releasing no sound as they crept behind Kyle. Shay did not know who to trust, the weapon-wielding cloaked strangers or the Kingdom Guard who had a right to arrest Shay. It was one or the other.
    Shaylen made her decision as the cloak stranger reached the edge of the prison wagon, “Watch out!”
    Kyle turned as the hooded stranger and raised his sword as the hooded figure threw themselves down onto him with a small knife in hand. A clang of metal made Shaylen’s ears ring. Kyle pushed on his opponent with immense force, and his opponent keeled backwards. Shay felt a spike of hope fill up in her chest. Then the stranger kicked him the stomach.
    Kyle staggered backwards, the sword in his hand dropping with a clang onto the cobble road, falling as he vomited up his latest meal. Shay turned away as she listened to the sounds of the chunks hitting the stones and looked at the other prisoners.
    “That’s disgusting, man up” an accented voice rang out, Shaylen turned back to the purple hooded stranger and their blue companion They stood before Kyle, who was still puking.
    “The first time you were kicked in the stomach you stayed in bed for three days.,” the blue one replied.
    Purple hissed a reply in their native tongue.
    Blue turned around and stalked over to the pile of weapons, picked up a knife and examined it. Shay still couldn’t see their face. Purple walked up behind Blue, placing a hand gently on Blue’s shoulder who stood like stone, still fiddling with the silver blade. Shaylen heard a murmur in reply.
    Blue swirled around, grabbing Purple’s arm in a flash of movements. Shay could not believe her eyes as the character threw Purple to the floor and bent their arm in an odd angle behind their back.
    “You had an order, follow it, or else you’ll fail your assessment and I’ll have to throw you to the Slums,” snapped Blue, Shay understanding every word. Purple tried to resist but the person upon him kept their firm grip, uttering a series of strange words. After a minute, he stopped struggling and cursing. Blue got up and brushed off the dirt that attached itself on their clothes. Cursing, Purple propped himself up and moved into a sitting position.is hood had fallen when being beaten by Blue.
    A young adult by observation, he looked around twenty and was very good looking. The male had an angular face with a softly shaped jaw and defined cheekbones. A thin nose crooked slightly to the side unnaturally. His raven hair was undercut, cut in a way to make the quiff of black on the top of his head poof. Jade eyes that shone in the sun’s dim light, they were narrow and glistened with pain as he stood up. He was tall, standing around five feet and seven inches. The movement caused the clothes are his cloak to reveal a flash of black and silver.
    Blue handed the boy his weapons and turned to Shay and the other prisoners in the covered wagon. Shay caught a pair of silvery blue eyes under the shadowing hood, staring into Shay’s mahogany pair. A dark feeling passed through her, making her shiver and squirm in her already uncomfortable wooden seat. Blue froze and kept on examining Shaylen. “Filip, go back to the Valley, report to the Lady that I am taking the seven back myself.”
    The boy, Filip, replied in the language, interrupted, staggering over to his accomplice.
    “Do as I say, brother, I will tell the Lady that there was a snag and hopefully we don’t get caught,” Blue still stood staring in Shay’s eyes as they spoke. Shay broke the staring competition to stare at Filip, who sighed, pulling up his hood up again and muttering his odd language again, Shay could barely hear it:
    Esie gis poad.” The purple cloak around him shimmered, it hurt to gaze upon, the purple fabric seemed to merge with his surroundings, camouflaging him. With that, Filip disappeared into nothing.
    Purple glided over, every step was quiet and graceful. The dark blue snood covered everything but their eyes that analysed everything and observed anything. They reached the open door of the wagon, looking around at the prisoners, Shay sucked in a breath, picking up the courage to say, “Quien es- I mean, who are you?”
    Without uttering a reply, the blue-eyed stranger drew a vial, a swirling pink gas was trapped inside, pushing against the glass, as if trying to escape. A boy Shay elbowed beforehand and spoke, “Cos'è quello?
    Yet again, Blue-Eyes did not respond. They removed the cork from the top of the vial, quickly stepping onto the wagon and placing it.he gas poured out of the vial like wasps from their nest that had been struck. With that, Blue slammed the wagon’s door, leaving the inside darkness once again. Shay lashed her foot out, kicking against the door, trying to smash it open. After a minute, Shaylen tired and gave up. Her eyes were drooping and Shay leant against something behind her, her body aching with exhaustion. Shay kept blinking, trying to keep them from closing, yet they did.
    The world went dark.

Never had Rasfyr been more confused, well, except maybe GCSE Physics lessons, but being arrested for going through a library, even if the books were actually ancient manuscripts, was the most confusing thing Rasfyr had done. Then Rasfyr had to endure the painful day of sitting patiently in the Prisoner Wagon, or at least that is what he named it, listening to the other criminals being shoved into the wagon.
    The weather outside of the wagon had shifted quickly from the light grey skies of the morning to a dull grey of the evening, rain falling heavily outside in bursts. When the strange person in blue placed down that vial and shut the doors, Rasfyr didn’t know what was to come.
    He woke hours later, the rain outside music to his ears, as his eyes flutter open, revealing the bright colours of the sky dancing that were embroidered in his eyes. The bag once on his head was gone, allowing him to breathe more pleasant air than before, he looked around and saw darkness.
    It took a minute for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, six others sat on the uncomfortable seats of the prisoner wagon. He saw forms of ragged clothes and tangled hair, the slumping bodies leaning against the wood of the wagon or each other, Rasfyr slumped and he waited.
    Pat, pat, pat. The rain’s poetry gave in beats, the sounds of wheels rolling across the road beneath, a drum of thunder and then a bright flash between the small cracks of the wooden walls. Rasfyr was not scared, he was calm. Rasfyr did not care for the destination or what would happen to him, for he has been so lost in a land somewhere he didn’t know for three years. So, he listened and waited.
    Rasfyr watched as the others began to stir, he watched the girl opposite him, a girl with dark hair opened her eyes. She leant upon a boy with a mop of dark placed upon his head, who was still slept. The girl noticed Rasfyr’s gaze and spoke in Rasfyr’s own language, her voice was accented, “Do you know where we go?"
    “No, sorry.” He replied stiffly, his posh voice seeping out. With a nod, the girl glanced around, taking in the darkness, leaning upright. She spoke again, this time her voice quivered.
    “Do you think we go to the prison? The persons who arrested me said that we are, but the clothed two took control,” She pointed out, Rasfyr her English was good but still faltered.
    “I don’t believe so.” silence, before he asked her a question instead, “How do you know English so well?”
    “I teached myself whilst my father-” she paused before continuing, “my father was away on work, he always told me English was the language of the businesses.” Rasfyr didn’t think that initially true, but he didn’t pry and once again, they lapsed into a silence. A silence that lasted for a long time? How long? Is something Rasfyr didn’t know. Some of the others had awoken and were staring around into darkness. The rattling stopped of the wheels stopped, the rain continued, causing the girl and him to lean up in anticipation, others who had finally awoken were also leaning up and staring at the door.
    It swung open, light flooding in, revealing the stranger from earlier, still around in the colours of sadness, their gloved hands clenched the doors as rain splashed down from dark clouds above. The cloak that hid them had droplets of water running down it as if it were waterproof. Rasfyr felt uneasy as the spits of water flew into his face, the wind pushing against his cheeks, the figure stared at him with those silver-blue eyes, calculating something.
    Rasfyr looked around at the others, their faces representing only fear, then he turned to the girl opposite him. She had dark brown hair and mahogany eyes and wore worn clothes like the rest of us. The girl was in a staring contest with the blue figure, almost challenging them, she spoke in a quivered voice, "Who are you?"
    This stranger didn't answer, they seemed to be good at that, but instead, they pulled out another water flask and handed it to the girl, speaking in their own language. Nodding, the caramel-skinned girl opened the flask and took a sip, appearing like she understood the weird person.
    "Drink." The girl said, in a strong voice, looking at Rasfyr and holding the flask out, he glanced at the criminals in the wagon, now noticing they all looked like young adults. He shrugged and took the flask from her, taking a sip. A sour mixture ran down his throat, making him gag, reminding him of Toxic Wastes. His throat and mouth burnt, a weird feeling ran down his body, his ears popped uncomfortably.
    Rasfyr shoved the flask into the person’s hands next to him, who took a sip, whilst looking at the floor and gagging still. In the corner of his eye, he saw the boy from earlier walking towards the wagon, dressed in purple like before. He asked in a raspy voice, “What did you give us..?” The unpleasant taste dimmed but the weirdness, “And who are you?”
    “I would like to know that too,” a feminine voice rung out behind him, he turned to see a girl with dark ginger hair. She narrowed a glare at the duo, her brown eyes burning holes into them. A moment passed, neither of the cloaked strangers answered. Instead, the girl opposite Rasfyr spoke once more.
    “The one in purple, his name is Filip and the other I don’t know,” their kidnappers turned to her, the one in purple clearly shocked at how she knew, yet he replied with a nod.
    “I am called Filip, yes,” he informed the group of criminals, side glancing at his companion before saying, “and it is my pleasure to welcome you to the Valley of Assassins.”

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Love Love x 7
  2. Glyphynx

Glyphynx Ultimate Partier Elite+

YAY

• Love Love x 1
  3. Skyfqlls

Skyfqlls Senior Moderator & Event Team Leader Staff Member Senior Moderator Elite+

Minecraft Username:
    Skyfqlls
    Damn this is amazing Wolfy, can't wait to read more! I really wanna know where it goes from here. ❤️

• Love Love x 1
  4. Hyrotis

Hyrotis Champion Partier Elite+

Hoo weee mama, if that's not how you hook a reader I don't know what is!
    I can't wait to meet the shadows!

• Love Love x 1
  5. cheriitea

cheriitea Champion Partier VIP+

Minecraft Username:
    cheriitea
    Amazing! Can't wait for more

• Love Love x 1
  6. Bori

Bori Heroic Partier Elite

Minecraft Username:
    Boricua551
    i cry at the beauty of this story-

• Love Love x 1
  7. jyrni

jyrni Moderator Staff Member Moderator Elite+

Minecraft Username:
    jyrni
    This is so good! I can’t wait to read more!

• Love Love x 1
  8. Wolfy

Minecraft Username:
    AWolfy
    Thank you all for reading the story! It took a couple months to write the first chapter (which I originally planned to be the prologue) and I even wrote half of it before I did the sign ups! I hope to you pleased with the next few chapters as we dive into the land of Dathern together, hold onto your hats!

• Love Love x 1
  9. Skyfqlls

Skyfqlls Senior Moderator & Event Team Leader Staff Member Senior Moderator Elite+

Minecraft Username:
    Skyfqlls
    Can't wait (;

• Love Love x 1
  10. Wolfy

Minecraft Username:
    AWolfy
    I'm bumping my own story

11. Hyrotis

I'm just gonna give this a friendly and encouraging bump

• Love Love x 1
  12. Wolfy

Minecraft Username:
    AWolfy
    SNEAK PEAK OF CHAPTER 1
    She woke to the sounds of a scream, it was one of the many children she tutored. Swinging her legs off her bed, she rubbed her eyes, before standing up and stepping across the freezing floor out of her room. Wandering down the corridor, the moon’s gloomy light cut through the darkened windows to the young adult’s left, her feet were being bitten as the cold nipped at the pads of them. Passing two dark brown doors, she made it to her destination, the label above the door translated to, “Children Ward.”

Nox Parker - @Wolfy
    Shaylen Torres - @Spirits
    Rasfyr Rysfar - @Glyphynx
    Camilla Hansen - @AJules
    Yuki Izo - @Rounse
    Minseo Sakimo - @cheriitea
    Tsumi Don’Yoku - @Hyrotis
    Zephyrine F. Aidos - @Bori

ALSO, HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE YOUR CHARACTERS' NAMES!

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Glyphynx

This looks awesome!
    Rasfyr is like Raz - fear
    Rysfar is Ris - far

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Hyrotis

Tsue-me Don-Yo-Ku

And hhhhhh I'm so excited!!!

• Love Love x 1
  15. Bori

Bori Heroic Partier Elite

Minecraft Username:
    Boricua551
    Zephyrine Aidos
    Zeph-are-een I-Dos

• Love Love x 1
  16. cheriitea

cheriitea Champion Partier VIP+

Minecraft Username:
    cheriitea
    Min-see-oh Sak-ee-moh

• Love Love x 1
  17. Rounse

Rounse Heroic Partier Elite+

You-Key eh-zoe

• Love Love x 1
  18. Wolfy

Minecraft Username:
    AWolfy
    • Love Love x 3
  19. Skyfqlls

Minecraft Username:
    Skyfqlls
    I never saw but I have now and "Cam-eel-ya Han-son"

You write like a poet, chapter one looks amazing bb❤️

• Love Love x 1
  20. Glyphynx

SUNDAY :D

• Love Love x 1