So what is happening?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kirstree, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirstree

Kirstree Network Management Administrator Hipster

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 28
    Minecraft Username:
    Kirstree
    Hiya guys,

It's been a while since I've put out a thread but here we are. I've been noticing a lot of questions about things that we have promised and why certain things haven't been implemented or whether things are still on the list. For the majority of things we have promised are for one, still on the list and two still being thought about by you and us.

We know that sometimes we've promised something coming out soon and it doesn't so I'm going to give a briefish explanation of what has been happening to these sorts of things. If you haven't noticed the development team has halved over the last couple of months. This has slowed down coding massively as you can imagine. Every single one of our developers are coding and doing something at the moment - I would explain but similarly as I said in a thread as a response that majority of it is back-end. However, we are also implementing some updates to murder and have been testing this over the past few weeks, we are hoping to get this released soon, but as said before the less developers the slower things will come out. Pay attention to our social media as we will be hyping it more.

You might then wonder why are we doing back-end things when we haven't had new content in a while. Well for example one of the things developers are working on is the issues with the connections to the servers via signs, portals and armor stands. It's a whole plugin.

So why am I writing this thread?
    I want you all to know that we are working on stuff and we aren't ignoring you all. Feel free to ask questions about stuff in the comments below. I'll answer them as soon as I can.

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 10
    • I Disagree I Disagree x 1
  2. PrqyForTheWicked

PrqyForTheWicked Legendary Partier Elite+

Ratings:
    +1,237 / 24
    Minecraft Username:
    PrqyForTheWicked
    <3 I understand. It's extremely hard to bring out new features if there's no developers available to code them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. iiNekio

iiNekio Extreme Partier VIP+

Ratings:
    +46 / 1
    Minecraft Username:
    HighOnSugah
    Glitches and bugs are way more important than new features .

• Like Like x 6
  4. Kirstree

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 28
    Minecraft Username:
    Kirstree
    Yep you’re right. We are working on bugs with murder while the update is happening.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ABennn

ABennn Helper Helper Elite

Ratings:
    +3,772 / 43
    Minecraft Username:
    ABennn
    Hyped for the new murder update! I know it's going to be a little while before anything comes out but I can't wait. Glad work is still being done even with such a small development team.

6. xKxty

xKxty Ultimate Partier Elite

Ratings:
    +129 / 6
    Minecraft Username:
    xKxty
    Waiting a while for big updates is completely understandable. But small things that have been promised over a year ago is kind of ridiculous. I was going through the suggestions part of the forums the other day, and pming in murder was promised over a year ago. Getting the triggered emote off the emotes list was promised months ago (and since it's something that many players find offensive, I believe should be prioritised)

I hope I'm not coming across rude here, because for the post but I really don't mind waiting for updates. It's just the small things (mainly the triggered emote since every time someone says it in chat it upsets me) that annoys me. Something as small as being able to pm in murder lobbies shouldn't take a year to implement even with few staff members and it feels like the community suggestions have been completely at the bottom of the list. The last new mini game to come out was in February (i think) and it wasn't even wanted by the community. Things that we are suggesting aren't being implemented and it's frustrating

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kirstree

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 28
    Minecraft Username:
    Kirstree
    For the emote stuff I plan to get it removed tomorrow. It may already be done depends on if Harieo remembered or not. For now I believe my plan is to try and get smaller things that don’t take a whole bunch of coding sorted.

I completely agree with you that smaller things haven’t and should be implemented. As mentioned prior I am going to attempt to get as many small and easy things done as I can. Obviously there will be limitations of this - I personally cannot code so I can’t physically do some of the stuff but we’ll see.

For the community suggestions - as I’ve mentioned it’s not that we are ignoring them. It’s more that we don’t get around to doing them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KidBit

KidBit Ultimate Partier Elite

Ratings:
    +456 / 10
    Minecraft Username:
    KidBit
    I've always said that bug and glitch fixes are a bigger priority than game updates due to the fact that you want to fix the current problems instead of adding more problems that you would have to fix later on. Players would be more happy with fixing the current problems that the games have instead of adding on more to the games which have bugs and glitches, which could cause even more and current bugs to be bigger. Updates are nice but not when there are bugs and glitches that cause the game to malfunction and not be fun for everyone. So, I'm very glad to see you guys prioritizing the games broken functions and bugs instead of getting updates that add more to the games. If players really are big fans of the server and love it, then they can wait a little while longer before big updates on games until the problems with them have been fixed.

Lot's of love. Btw, Missed you all. Even you Tree ;)

• Love Love x 4
  9. Kirstree

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 28
    Minecraft Username:
    Kirstree
    Yeah the plan is to try to fix the major issues for example stuff with signs, murder issues before updating things. There is a plan to add new content before Christmas but the main focus will be fixing things that are already broken. For murder we are updating some stuff and also fixing any bugs that are there.

Love you too Kidbit miss you also ;)

• Love Love x 1
  10. snowopsia

snowopsia Mythic Partier Hipster

Ratings:
    +3,723 / 4
    Minecraft Username:
    snowopsia
    whyre you such a nerd

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  11. DJMonster

DJMonster Experienced Partier VIP+

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Minecraft Username:
    SpoopyRqsp
    This might be annoying and maybe even asked alot, but what's going on with 1.13 and the server?

12. PrqyForTheWicked

PrqyForTheWicked Legendary Partier Elite+

Ratings:
    +1,237 / 24
    Minecraft Username:
    PrqyForTheWicked
    It's a good question, though.

13. Kirstree

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 28
    Minecraft Username:
    Kirstree
    :( no u

There has been issues with people crashing when 1.13 - we will not be using it on its own until it's stable

• Love Love x 1
  14. Tyler

Tyler Mythic Partier

Ratings:
    +3,046 / 91
    Minecraft Username:
    PooPooMilkyPoo
    Ladies and gentlemen, it appears @Kirstree has won this argument.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Chrissy

Chrissy Builder Builder Elite

Ratings:
    +833 / 4
    Minecraft Username:
    Chrissiy
    is there anyone on the team looking for more developers, and if not, what'd be the best way to find some new dev's

16. Kirstree

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 28
    Minecraft Username:
    Kirstree
    We are having applicants given to Gaur but nothing is really up to our standard yet, or pays too high etc.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ModernArt

ModernArt Ultimate Partier Elite+

Ratings:
    +64 / 15
    Minecraft Username:
    ModernArt
    Why have the developers halved?
    sad to see this server almost on its knees after four years of making me who I am today

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kirstree

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 28
    Minecraft Username:
    Kirstree
    There is various reasons why people leave some examples is real life things like Dean got a job and it would have taken up too much time.

19. FoundMyOldAccTrendyBori

FoundMyOldAccTrendyBori Partier

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    It's fine I am quite patient when it comes to these things <3

• Love Love x 1
  20. ThaMango

ThaMango Heroic Partier Elite+

Ratings:
    +561 / 7
    Minecraft Username:
    ThaMango